The initial decision you need to make is what kind of helicopter you want to construct. You can get some thoughts on the web, shops, forums and review sites and check out some models that others had built scratch. You will also discover a large variety of person written, expert "how to" instructions by remote control helicopter hobbyists that have already constructed models successfully.
Whenever you already come up with the kind of helicopter you can now purchase a pre-packaged kit or see some parts and purchase them independently. If you are buying the parts separately you will need to ensure you opt for the following as standard -
* An engine to drive the rotors.
* Servos and gears, the servos control the many different mechanical areas that perform together to make it move, such as the gears.
* A gyro for the tail rotor
* The main rotors and tail rotors. The size and quantity of these depends on the type of heli model you would like to create
* For obvious reasons, the remote device.
* The actual radio receiver that will send signals from the radio to the servos.
As well as getting all of the perfect parts that could match in making your awesome remote control helicopter, you should also fill up your tool kit when it needs it. Be sure you have well sized tools for the job at hand like a pitch gauge, ball link pliers, glow plugs, fuel filters, pliers, wrenches, nut drivers, ball drivers and screwdrivers. It would also be wise to look at the kind of fixings you'll need like screws and bolts to ensure you have spares if some go missing.
Very important to adhere to the instruction manual as you begin to build your remote control helicopter. That is to make you get familiar how each component is connected together for you to head the correct course. Remember you must be patient. If you will be confuse the helicopter will probably be made incorrectly or maybe ruin certain parts.
Wish you luck with all the above info that you should start building your very own awesome remote control helicopter you've been dreaming of!