Washington Blvd. (and the Venice Pier) - Everyone who lives on the Marina Peninsula knows about the restaurants, bars and shops on Washington Blvd. Marina Peninsula homes are in walking distance to Washington Blvd. and are in high demand and celebrity favorites.
1) The Whaler - Recently remodeled and upgraded, this is a great place to have a Bloody Mary for brunch or to watch football. Karaoke and bands throughout the week, and an outdoor patio to watch the surf.
2) Mercedes Grill - a Cuban inspired restaurant, with great breakfasts and an outdoor seating area to watch the people. Be sure to ask for Mercedes, the owner.
3) The Cow's End Caf© - a coffee and sandwich place where the locals hangout. Great to bring your dog and sit and read outside or upstairs on comfortable chairs.
4) Baja Cantina - a Mexican place with strong Margaritas, great guacamole and amazing quesadillas. This is the place to watch Laker games.
5) C&O Trattoria - Italian food€¦and lots of it. Served family style with singers and pour your own house wine. This place has great salads, pasta and a surprising breakfast.
6) Hinano - what may look like a dive bar has the best hamburgers in town. Wash it down with a cold draft beer, play pool and have a good time€¦just make sure you remember to go home.
Venice and Abbott Kinney - This is area is the hippest of the hip with multi-million new homes next to the next teardown. Don't be surprised if you end up eating next to a famous celebrity.
1) Nikkis - This super cool place with food such as sliders (made 4 ways), sweet potatoe fries, and the best happy hour in Venice. Come for sports and stay for the dancing and DJ.
2) Primitivo - Popular Mediterranean wine bistro and boisterous Euro-style shabby chic vibe is a draw with seasonally driven tapas menu and a great wine list with hard to find gems.
3) Gjelina - This was a local favorite within weeks of opening. Long communal tables and large U-shaped bar create a fun atmosphere. The menu is all about locally grown food that's simple yet rich with taste.
4) Venice Ale House - a newer place, right on the Venice boardwalk with a great selection of beers, tasty food, and unparalled people watching. Get there in the afternoon to watch the sun go down.
5) Larrys Restaurant - the newest spot in Venice. Great for football and afternoon cocktails.
Property Types and Prices - Marina Del Rey Peninsula homes range from condos and family homes to large luxury properties with sea views. Buyers can find their dream home in many different price ranges. Properties located near the beaches and homes with ocean views are the most highly sought after. One way to be close to the ocean but spend a little less on your property is to look for condos before they €come on the market€ by working with local realtors and talking to your new neighbors. For an example of an exclusive €pre-market€ listing, see the property at 15 Galleon St., #1, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292. (www.15galleon.com)